Did you know that around 60% of household deaths from fires occur in homes that don’t have a working smoke alarm? As soon as smoke appears, if you have an installed Wayne Alarm smoke detector, the authorities will be alerted. Doing your part to help keep yourself, your home and your family safe is crucial. On top of having an installed fire alarm, be sure that you are safe around the house. These are general tips that you should follow in order to stay as safe as possible.
General Fire Safety Tips:
- Test your smoke alarms once a month to make sure they’re working. If they aren’t, be sure that you check your batteries.
- The second a fire occurs in your home, get out immediately, stay outside and call the authorities right away.
- Be sure to keep any items that can catch fire away at least three feet away from anything that can get too hot, such as your home heaters.
- Smoking inside is never a good idea, and especially make sure that you aren’t doing so in bed.
- When you leave a room or go to sleep be sure that you’re turning off any portable heaters.
- Be extremely careful when you’re cooking. Never leave the kitchen area when your stove top is turned on.
- Blow out any candles before you leave a room or before you fall asleep.
- Teach your children not to play with any matches or lighters. Make it a habit to teach them the correct or incorrect habits.
There are so many best practices and things in which you can do in order to stay on top of fire prevention. For more information about Wayne Alarm and our smoke alarm systems please feel free to give us a call at 781-595-0000 or fill out an online contact form.