LTE Radios for Alarm Systems
As a highly valued Wayne Alarm Systems customer, you can rest assured that our goal is to make sure we’re providing you with the most innovative and effective solutions when it comes to your life-safety and security systems.
You likely already know that AT&T and Verizon will be sun-setting their 3G/4G network by the end of January 2022. More information and the Official Notice Letter from Verizon will be included at the bottom of this notice. The sunset is crucial for the communication of your system to our Wayne Alarm Systems Monitoring Center, which necessitates an upgrade to the latest technology.
Every 3G/4G/CDMA radio will need to be upgraded by the end of 2022 to the latest LTE technology to ensure communications to our Wayne Alarm Systems Monitoring Center. You may have already heard from our office regarding an opportunity to schedule an appointment.
Wayne Alarm Systems is dedicated to the protection and monitoring of our customers, which is why we will be starting this process early, ensuring no one will be left in the dark and without monitoring.
Wayne Alarm Systems has made every effort to minimize the cost to our valued customers. Please speak to our sales department for specific pricing for your model.
What Are the Benefits of LTE Security Systems?
With the development of the stronger, faster and overall better 4G LTE technology, carriers are moving away from old technologies to embrace this new, more efficient solution. Although this change is a significant one that we must make rather than one we chose, it’s also a beneficial transition for many reasons, including:
- Faster networks: With a new, super-fast connection, your LTE alarm system will deliver rapid services that will help ensure your safety.
- Robust data capacity: 4G LTE technology delivers data up to 10 times faster than 3G. LTE alarm systems will also be able to handle and store more data than ever before for improved monitoring, additional features and greater compatibility with other devices.
- Enhanced connectivity to smart devices: On the LTE network, your security system will provide real-time updates and notifications faster so that you’re always up to date on what’s happening.
- Stronger broadband technology: LTE radios for alarm systems provide faster Over-the-Air (OTA) programming and updating with faster video streaming and home control response.
- Extended lifespan: 4G LTE should be around for at least eight to 10 years, so you’ll get a long life out of this LTE system. The advanced technology also means efficient performance with less need for service.
- Greater security: 4G LTE systems use more stringent security protocols to better safeguard private information and protect against hackers.
Overall, the switch to 4G LTE will make your security system significantly faster and more secure. By switching now before the carriers force the switch, we can get you set up with the new technology smoothly for an easy transition.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about switching to LTE alarm monitoring:
- Why do I have to pay for this? The extra cost is to cover the expense of the upgrade. We’re only charging the cost to us, so we are not making any profit on the new technology. We do everything we can to ensure our prices are competitive, so you can rest assured that you’re getting a good deal. And because this technology change affects everyone, other alarm companies will need to increase their rates to cover the higher cost as well.
- What date is my tower being worked on? The official date for all radios is January 2022, but work has already begun on some towers, so certain areas are already being affected. At Wayne Alarm Systems, we’re trying to stay ahead of the curve and make the transition as seamless as possible.
- Shouldn’t our monthly fee cover this? Your monthly fee covers your monitoring. Parts and labor are separate costs because these factors are more variable based on specific needs. In this case, the additional fee is to cover the cost of swapping out radios.
- How often are we going to have to upgrade? Thankfully, the upgrade should last for a significant period of time, and the current information states that LTE radios should be viable for at least eight to 10 years. With this longevity as well as the overall faster and more efficient technology, you’ll receive many benefits from the upgrade that will make the additional cost worthwhile.
- Shouldn’t the company do it for free to keep me as a customer? We work as hard as we can to give you the best deals and save you money wherever possible. Unfortunately, because this change affects everyone, it’s not feasible for us to provide the new system free of charge. We have more than 5,000 radios to change out, and we would take a major loss if we did it for free. The charge will allow us to cover our expenses so that we can continue to provide you with the very best service.
Contact Wayne Alarm Systems Today
If you have any additional questions about the switch to LTE radios for your alarm system, contact us today and we’ll be happy to clear up any confusion and assist you with your needs. Although this change was not our decision — and we must make the switch to remain compatible with major carriers — we believe the many benefits of the new LTE technology will make the update worthwhile.
We have been proudly serving the New England area for more than 50 years. As a locally owned and operated business, we’re invested in the community and dedicated to keeping you and your loved ones safe with superior alarm technology and personalized service. Your safety is our number one priority, which is why our record response time of eight seconds is nearly eight times faster than the 60-second industry average.
Our team is Five Diamond certified with the highest standard FM and UL licensing, so you can trust that any of our technicians working on your system will have the expertise and knowledge to get the job done with speed and precision.
The upcoming switch to 4G LTE will result in faster, stronger and more secure technology behind all of our systems. For comprehensive security solutions and exceptional service from a local company you can trust, turn to Wayne Alarm Systems.