The weather in New England is finally warming up, and many of us are starting our spring clean-up routines. Wayne Alarm Systems wanted to compile a list for your spring clean up to keep safety and security at top of mind.
- Check all smoke and CO detector batteries
- Ensure all fire extinguishers are filled and placed in proper locations
- Prepare for storms by replacing flashlight batteries and radios
- Practice your fire drill with your children to ensure you are prepared for an emergency
- Do a system check of your burglar alarm to ensure all sensors are properly working
- Make sure your Wayne Alarm yard sign and street # is clearly visible from the street
- Keep all debris away from your home. This could cause rotting or a potential fire
- Clean / service your grill. Make sure no gas leaks on your propane tanks.
- Clean up all sticks and leaves from the past winter
- Have a hose connected so you could easily extinguish a fire if needed
Garage / shed:
- Service all equipment such as lawn mowers and leaf blowers
- Throw away all old chemicals such as old paint (dispose of properly)
- Re-organize your tools so you know if anything is missing or now