As a retail business owner, you unfortunately can’t trust everyone. While most people are good, there are thieves out there who have malicious intent. The feeling you get when you realize something has been stolen, the loss of money and the sense of betrayal are all things that can be prevented.
The National Associate for Shoplifting Prevention reported that 1 in every 11 Americans are shoplifters. The number one reason why businesses get targeted is because owners perceive there to be little to no risk. Installing and adding the required levels of security will help your business in the long run.
Benefits Video Surveillance Has on Security
- Video Surveillance has the ability to capture a thief in the act. You can contact the authorities and get any stolen merchandise back.
- Even better then catching a thief, an installed video surveillance often stops a crime before it happens. Criminals won’t take anything if they know they are being recorded.
- Video Surveillance also helps for internal theft. Employees will be less apt to steal and they may also work more efficiently.
OTHER BUSINESS SECURITY TIPS
- If possible, keep the number of entrances into and out of your business to a minimum. With one entrance your employees can keep a better eye on everyone coming in and leaving.
- Place small, expensive items in locked cases. Also electronic alarm tags can be added to other items.
During all hours, you need to make sure your business is safe and secure. Make sure your business has a necessary security alarm system as well. When you are in the office and when you are home sleeping, Wayne Alarm can make sure you are protected.
For more information, please feel free to give us a call at 781-595-0000 or fill out an online contact form.