Wayne Alarm Systems specializes in high quality home & business security systems. Overall though, our main goal is to ensure that everyone is as safe and secure as possible. With July 4th coming up, we wanted to share some reminders and tips that will keep you and your family as safe as possible.
Every year and especially during July 4th, there are people who get injured while grilling.
- When a grill is turned on and in use, always keep an eye on it.
- Never grill inside your home, in a tent or in any enclosed area.
- If you are using a gas grill, check the hose for any cracks or leaks.
- Keep your grill at least two feet away from anything that could catch fire. (Ex: siding, decks, branches)
Beach & Water Safety:
- Never consume alcohol while driving a boat or swimming
- Be aware of any local weather alerts.
- If you are with kids, be sure to keep a close eye on them while at the beach or swimming in a pool
Over 50,000 fires are caused each and every year because of fireworks. There are also injuries both severe and minor that happen every year as well.
- Never try to dissemble or make your own fireworks
- Only use fireworks in states which you can legally set off consumer grade fireworks
- When handling fireworks try to keep water nearby just for precautions
- Avoid attempting to light more than one at a time
- When lighting fireworks, be sure it’s done on a dry and fire resistant grounded area.