Overnight Monitoring Center Operator
You win because of what we bring to the table. We win because we are looking to hire sharp minded, motivated people, interested in growth and a stable career. Our customers win because of our team work!
Wayne Alarm Systems was founded in 1968 after the home of founder, Ralph Sevinor’s house was broken into. Now we are one of the top 50 security companies in the nation. Our focus is on quality and reputation, to be the best (not the largest) in our industry. At Wayne Alarm Systems, we focus on building our team of over 110 employees and culture which is why our average employee has been here for 10 years and 1/3rd has been here over 10. (Our longest employee has been over 37 years!)
Wayne Alarm Systems is a growing security and life safety company that offers its employees great benefits, great environment, great culture, and an opportunity for growth and advancement.
We’re seeking experienced Overnight Call Center Operators for our 24-hour, 7 day per week, 365 days per year Monitoring Center. You will be responsible for the LIFE and SAFETY of our customers by responding to incoming burglary, fire, medical and equipment alarms. As an operator, you will monitor alarms and respond by dispatching the authorities or authorized parties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors and interprets data received on signal receiving equipment
- Assist in testing alarm systems in conjunction with authorized service technicians/installation personnel and subscribers to ensure proper operation of security equipment.
- Interface with subscribers and/or authorities over the telephone directing calls maintaining a high level of service
- Work with customers, wholesalers and authorities to verify and record all events accurately
- Use procedures outlined in procedure manual
- Diagnose ordinary problems and work closely with supervisor, which could include MC/Customer equipment
- Ability to work alone as well as work with others
- Ability to handle several tasks at the same time, handles stressful situations, and be flexible
- Apply proper judgment in certain circumstances and work with the supervisor on escalating calls
- Assist in maintaining the office, which may include but is not limited to cleaning, vacuuming, organizing, etc.
- Perform, handle, and complete any additional tasks assigned by management
- Results driven
- Punctual, and dependable.
- Strong phone presence and experience with inbound and outbound calls
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and customer-oriented service skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Required Education and Experience
- High School
- GED or High School equivalent
- No heavy lifting required
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- Overnights including Weekends and possibility for Holidays
- Full time
- 40 hours weekly
- No travel is expected for this position
- 100% paid health care for individuals along with family plans
- 100% paid dental Insurance
- 401k and 25% company match
- Vacation Packages
- Sick Time
- Short term, long term, and life insurance
- Eastern Good Works benefit
To support our culture and company values, we have many functions and events during the year that allows team members a chance to come together and strengthen our organization such as:
- 4th of July BBQ
- Baseball games
- Easter Party for family
- Cinco De Mayo
- Ice cream days
- Department outings
- Annual Holiday celebration
We believe in being local, providing exceptional quality, service and having a reputation as being the best.