Wayne Alarm Systems is a growing security life safety systems provider with offices in Lynn, Bedford and Nantucket MA offers employees’ full healthcare with cutting edge technology and a great company culture.
Wayne Alarm Systems was founded in 1968 after the home of founder, Ralph Sevinor’s house was broken into. Now we are one of the top 50 security companies in the nation. Our focus is on quality and reputation, to be the best (not the largest) in our industry. At Wayne Alarm Systems, we focus on building our team of over 110 employees and culture which is why our average employee has been here for 10 years and 1/3rd has been here over 10. (Our longest employee has been over 37 years!)
- Our company has numerous company events throughout the year including, 4th of July, BBQ, Baseball games, Softball, Easter Party for family, Cinco De Mayo Fiesta, Ice cream days, department outings and annual Holiday dinner.
- We believe in being local, exceptional quality, service and having a reputation as being the best.
The position Collection Specialist is an essential part of the payment life-cycle for a company. The position is responsible for collections of outstanding accounts receivable from our customer base and handling customer accounts. Collection Specialists are also responsible for collection situations like billing negation and reducing the accounts receivable delinquency. The ideal employee will be able to diminish the collection que in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Ability to take notes; update account status and customer information
- Meet or exceed monthly performance goals, deadlines and objectives
- Adhere to consumer protection laws and FHC’s standard practices and policies
- Research and identify issues attributing to account delinquency and resolve them by working with the customer
- Resolve client-billing problems and rescue accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports
- Respond to customer inquiries, resolve client discrepancies, process and review account adjustments
- Negotiate payment plans to determine why customers are delinquent and to ensure continuous repayment
- Possesses excellent verbal, negotiation, customer service and communication skills
- Well organized, Results driven, and able to work in a high volume and fast-paced office environment
- Ability to resolve challenging situations calmly and professionally
- Capability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Experience with debt collection
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Part Time
- Monday through Friday
- 25 hours weekly
- No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years previous experience
Workplace perks such as food/coffee
** Please submit a cover letter and resume**