The vacation you had been waiting months for has come and gone. That unforgettable trip took you away from the pressures of everyday life. Don’t let the first memory of coming home be the scene of a burglary. Statistically, burglary rates increase in times of warmer weather.
With the help of Ralph Sevinor at Wayne Alarm Systems, here are some tips to prevent your home from being broken into while you are away on vacation.
- Don’t post on social media that you will be going away on vacation. Let everyone know of your vacation adventurers when you get back in the comfort of your home. “Social media is a great thing, but it’s also the biggest tool for a burglar” said Sevinor.
- Always make sure that your home is alarmed, along with all windows, doors, and garages locked up. If a burglar is planning on breaking into a home, don’t make it as easy, as leaving the front door unlocked.
- If your yard is un-kept, try cleaning up any belongings and cutting the grass. This will ensure that nothing gets stolen and burglars won’t get a tip from long grass in your yard.
- Notify your local post office to put mail deliveries on hold if you plan on being away for an extended period of time.
- If you don’t yet have a security system installed in your home, this can be your best friend.
Wayne Alarm Systems has been installing premier home alarm & burglar systems throughout Massachusetts for over 45 years. For more information about our home alarm systems, please feel free to give us a call at (781)595-0000 or fill out our online contact form.